To impart quality education in the field of computer science and engineering and to provide graduates with technical skills enabling them to contribute to the society by solving real world problems and to become a centre of excellence for advanced computing
- To provide strong foundation in computer science and engineering and in problem solving techniques to become successful professionals in the field of computing and prepare them for higher education
- To provide students with latest skills in the field of computer science and engineering and to realize the importance of life-long learning
- To produce graduates with the ability to participate in interdisciplinary collaborations and apply recent computing tools and technologies in new domains and industry
- To produce graduates capable of ethically and responsibly approaching and committing themselves to the social impact of computing
- To prepare students to communicate effectively and exhibit leadership qualities to work on diverse project teams
- To provide research environment for students and faculty to undertake inter-disciplinary research in emerging areas
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates will possess the ability to think logically and have capacity to understand technical problems and to design optimal solutions for a successful career in industry, academia and research.
- Graduates will have the ability to work as a team and will be able to promote the design and implementation of products and services with an understanding of its impact on economical, environmental, ethical, and societal considerations through their strong interpersonal skills, leadership quality and entrepreneurial skills.
- Graduates will have foundation in mathematical, scientific and computer science and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems.
- Graduates will have the potential to apply their expertise and current technologies across multiple disciplines to solve real world challenges and research issues.
- Graduates will possess an urge to learn continuously and to be responsive to the demands of the progressive industrial world by carrying out researches in frontier areas of computer science and engineering
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in a societal and environmental context and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Foundation of Computer System: Ability to analyze the principles and working of hardware and software aspects of computer systems
- Foundations of Software Development: Ability to design software systems and products of varying complexity using a broad range of programming language and open source platforms.
- Impact of Computing: An ability to analyze the impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Applications of Computing and Research ability: Ability to apply computing and research skill to identify research gaps and hence to provide solution to new ideas and innovations
- Highly qualified and motivated Faculty with specialization in thrust areas
- Well established lab facilities with cutting edge technologies
- Fifty University Ranks as on date
- Exposure of students to International Research Forums and Conferences
- Approved Research Nodal Centre for pursuing M.S and Ph.D programmes under Anna University, Chennai. (Lr.No:222/IR/CSE/AIR)
- Centre Of Excellence lab for research and development works.
- Number of recognized supervisors for Anna University guiding M.S and Ph.D. scholars : 3
- Number of research scholars pursuing Ph.D degree in our nodal center: 23
- Received Rs.28.20 lakhs from AICTE under research promotion scheme / FDP / Workshop
- More than 300 technical papers have been published in various reputed national / international journals / conferences
Short term Goals
- To produce more University Gold Medals
- To achieve 100 % placement
- To get International Accreditation for the programme
- To motivate entrepreneurship among students community
- To conduct International conference every year
- To motivate the students to develop social significant projects
- To initiate a new PG course on Mobile and Pervasive computing
- To increase the Additional intake of Students
- To achieve more Institute-Industry collaboration to the students level
Long term Goals
- To set up TIFACORE infra-structure for Wireless Networks
- To have more Post Doctorates in the Department
- To set up Centre Of Excellence in collaborati-on with renowned industry
- To set up Research park to cater the needs of the society
- To initiate more job related certificate courses for the students