To impart quality education in the field of computer science and engineering and to provide graduates with technical skills enabling them to contribute to the society by solving real world problems and to become a centre of excellence for advanced computing
- To provide strong foundation in computer science and engineering and in problem solving techniques to become successful professionals in the field of computing and prepare them for higher education
- To provide students with latest skills in the field of computer science and engineering and to realize the importance of life-long learning
- To produce graduates with the ability to participate in interdisciplinary collaborations and apply recent computing tools and technologies in new domains and industry
- To produce graduates capable of ethically and responsibly approaching and committing themselves to the social impact of computing
- To prepare students to communicate effectively and exhibit leadership qualities to work on diverse project teams
- To provide research environment for students and faculty to undertake inter-disciplinary research in emerging areas
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates will possess the ability to think logically and have capacity to understand technical problems and to design optimal solutions for a successful career in industry, academia and research.
- Graduates will have the ability to work as a team and will be able to promote the design and implementation of products and services with an understanding of its impact on economical, environmental, ethical, and societal considerations through their strong interpersonal skills, leadership quality and entrepreneurial skills.
- Graduates will have foundation in mathematical, scientific and computer science and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems.
- Graduates will have the potential to apply their expertise and current technologies across multiple disciplines to solve real world challenges and research issues.
- Graduates will possess an urge to learn continuously and to be responsive to the demands of the progressive industrial world by carrying out researches in frontier areas of computer science and engineering
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Foundation of Computer System: Ability to analyze the principles and working of hardware and software aspects of computer systems
- Foundations of Software Development: Ability to design software systems and products of varying complexity using a broad range of programming language and open source platforms.
- Impact of Computing: An ability to analyze the impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Applications of Computing and Research ability: Ability to apply computing and research skill to identify research gaps and hence to provide solution to new ideas and innovations
- Highly qualified and motivated Faculty with specialization in thrust areas
- Well established lab facilities with cutting edge technologies
- Fifty University Ranks as on date
- Exposure of students to International Research Forums and Conferences
- Approved Research Nodal Centre for pursuing M.S and Ph.D programmes under Anna University, Chennai. (Lr.No:222/IR/CSE/AIR)
- Centre Of Excellence lab for research and development works.
- Number of recognized supervisors for Anna University guiding M.S and Ph.D. scholars : 3
- Number of research scholars pursuing Ph.D degree in our nodal center: 23
- Received Rs.28.20 lakhs from AICTE under research promotion scheme / FDP / Workshop
- More than 300 technical papers have been published in various reputed national / international journals / conferences
Short term Goals
- To conduct one FDP and national level workshop in a academic year.
- To get a ISBN number for the national conference conducting in the department
- To sign minimum of one MoU with IT Industry for an academic year
- To get minimum one consultancy project in a year
- To publish minimum of 1 International Journal indexed in Scopus/WoS by each faculty members in a year
- To get minimum of one funded project in a year
- To develop a software for the department with the help of students, to improve the administrative works
- To improve the placements to ensure that all the eligible students get placed
- To motivate the students to develop social significant projects (Minimum 2) every year
- To organize events through professional societies
Long term Goals
- To conduct one international conference and publish the papers in a reputed journal
- To establish Center of Excellence lab through MoU
- To setup minimum 5 abroad University tie-up programme
- To get minimum 2 patent for best projects
- To Setup a seminar room of 130 capacity